The Camino Primitivo - A Wise Pilgrim Guide to the Camino Primitivo from Villaviciosa, through Oviedo, to Santiago de Compostela
International Shipping - flat rate 3.50€
Pre Sale Notice
The book is being printed during the last week of the month, and is scheduled to ship during the first week of March. During the printing period the book is offered at an early-bird rate. It is something of a tradition, an homage to the early kickstarters of the first book. Thank you everyone.
This book begins in Villaviciosa, which is on the Camino del Norte, for those pilgrims who want to combine the two routes. Pilgrims starting in Oviedo can therefore skip the first few pages.
The guidebooks include:
- The same comprehensive accommodation directory. Including all albergues. Hotels, paradors, casa rurales, pensions, and camp sites. For albergues you will know: how many beds (including private rooms) the albergue has and how much they cost, phone number, months (and hours) open, and whether the albergue accepts non-pilgrims or reservations. You will also know whether they have a bar/restaurant, a kitchen for your use, whether they serve a group dinner, have vegetarian options, wifi, laundry facilities, or bicycle storage.
- City by city information. Navigation tips and cautions, historical references, a list of available service (pharmacies, restaurants, atms, that kind of stuff) and dates for local fiestas.
- Large Scale Maps: Large Scale Maps with no pre-determined stages. These maps are at the start of the book and are the best reference for anyone wanting to plan ahead without having to flip through the book.
- Elevation Profile: The elevation profile sits alongside the large scale maps, giving you a better overview of the terrain ahead.
- City Maps: Lots and lots of city maps. From the small villages to the regional capitals, if there is more than one option for accommodation a map is included to help you find it. These maps are inline with the guide and also show the nearest grocery, albergue, pharmacy, atm, and other bits.
- Detours and alternative routes: The camino splits in a few places, and when it does an overview is provided to help you visualize the option ahead.
This book is available as a bundle with the Camino del Norte book. When purchased together the shipping is free. Heck, shipping is always free when you buy two items. Ánimo!
The guidebook has been produced to be climate neutral, and is printed in Santiago de Compostela.